All Friends Nature School COVID Response Program Agreements
– Parents and teachers will wear masks upon drop off and pick up
– Children will be screened upon arrival, parent will take child’s temperature at sign in temperatures and any symptoms will be recorded each morning, mid day and afternoon
– If any staff member or child has a temperature of 100.0 F or higher they must be excluded from school.
– Children with cold or flu-like symptoms, will be excluded from school. These symptoms may be, but not limited to:
- Cough (any know allergies, we will need to know of before school)
- Congestion or runny nose
- Lost sense of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
– Once signed in, the teacher will help with hand washing before the child can join the group
– Hand washing will be done upon arrival, before and after eating, toileting and throughout the day. Sanitizing of hands will be used periodically as well.
– Children will be required to have their mask with them throughout the day. Teachers will encourage children to cover their mouths and keep fingers away from their face.
– Teachers will practice new animal calls with children in fun ways to practice putting our masks on when needed.
– Children will have their own individual “nest” to place their belongings, do circle, eat meals and rest on.
– Activities and games will support social distancing when needed.
– Teachers will provide daily/weekly communication about our day via email, so face-to-face adult conversations can be limited.
– Director will communicate with families if a child has a fever, symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
– Families will agree that they will not attend All Friends within 14 days after returning from areas highly impacted by COVID-19 subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice.
– Families agree that they will not attend within 14 days of exposure to any person returning from areas subject to a CDC Level 3 Travel Health Notice.
– Families agree that it is their responsibility to be aware of said highly impacted areas. CDC Website
– Families agree that they will not attend All Friends within 14 days of exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
– Families agree that their child(ren) will not visit or attend All Friends if he/she/they experience symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, or a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19.
– Families agree to practice physical distancing at drop off and pick up each day.
– Families agree to wear a mask at pick up and drop off.
– Families agree to limit those who can drop off or pick up my child, to household members, and/or other parents within the program group.
– Families agree to do everything in their power to drop off and pick up my child during my prescribed pick up and drop off time slot, so as to avoid large gatherings of adults.
– Families agree to send all of their child’s belongings clearly labeled with their name.
– Families understand that toys and tools from home are not permitted at All Friends. (i.e. binoculars, field guides, dolls or animal figures, etc.)
– Families understand that All Friends staff will check my child’s temperature each morning upon arrival, with a no-touch thermometer or ear thermometer. And will check the temperature throughout the day.
– Families agree that should their child(ren) or household member begin to show signs and symptoms, especially fever, that individual will get tested for COVID-19 and the results will be shared with All Friends. All individual privacy will be carefully maintained.
COVID Resources for Families
Parenting During COVID
How to talk to your kids about COVID
Activities for your children