All Friends Nature School is looking for substitutes and always accepting resumes for Teachers and Assistant Teachers!
Our program is run entirely outdoors, meeting in canyons, meadows, and parks in the central San Diego area.
- Work hours are Monday-Friday mornings.
Ideal candidates will have –
- Training and experience in early childhood development and education
- Experience with outdoor/nature based mentoring
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Familiarity and/or experience with Waldorf education
- Experience with traditional/ancient skills
Qualifications – Candidates must possess most of the following attributes
- Experience working with children age 2-7 years of age
- Comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable sitting on the ground and getting dirty
- Comfortable handling insects and other small creaturesInterested in further growth in naturalist studies and mentoring
- Interested in further growth in naturalist studies and mentoring
- A nurturing, loving, and creative attitude
- Dedicated to developmentally appropriate practice and aware of developmental needs of young children
- Physically fit, able to crouch, dig, climb, hike, and carry up to 40lbs
- Have reliable transportation
- CPR certification, Pediatric First Aid, and ability to pass criminal records check
- Experience in story telling; Play a musical instrument and/or singing!!
How to apply – We keep a roaster of possible substitute teachers to call on throughout the year. If you are interesting in becoming a substitute, Assistant Teacher or Teacher, please send your resume to email@example.com